Banner

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dancing With The Stars - Ladies' Night

It's time for the ladies tonight, y'all, and I can't wait to see what they bring!

Let me say before we start, though, that I think that my commentary, reviews, whatever you wanna call 'em, will probably be changing a little bit. Listen, I'm not a dance professional or voice critic. I'm just a Texan Mom who knows what she likes. I think I may have been trying too hard on both my American Idol and DWTS posts to sound like I know what I'm talking about - and I don't.

I'm glad we got that out of the way.

Now, on with the show.

First up is Shannon Elizabeth. I knew I'd seen her on a couple of celebrity poker shows, but I didn't know she played competitively! As far as dancing, I don't see much energy in it. It's like she's walking through the thing. Doesn't help me much that I've never heard this song and it doesn't seem like Cha Cha music to me.

The judges disagree with me, and the score is 21.

Oh my goodness, y'all. We're watching this show live and it's killing me to have to sit through the commercials. We almost never watch anything live; it's all DVR, all the time over here these days.

Okay, now we're on to Monica Seles. Bless her heart, she seems so very awkward in the taped intro. But her pink dress is very pretty, and she seems a bit smoother in the live performance. Okay, so there are a couple awkward spots, but still...this is so contrary to anything she's ever done, and I'm impressed with her courage.

Score? 15. Wow, that's worse than I thought it would be.

You know what? I know it's after 8:00, but it ticks me off that I've got my kids in here watching a dance show, and on one commercial break I have to hear someone say "Can I touch your boob?" and see a promo for a news show on prostitution. Nice.

Marissa Jaret Winokur is dancing with Tony Dovolani. Wowza! I really like this girl - she's got so energy and confidence for a short, not so thin girl. Love her. Aw, look at her move those little stubby legs! And excuse me, but Dovolani? Holey Moley, can this guy move. I've got to tell the truth - I'm having trouble keeping my eyes on Marissa. I did love the performance, though.

Can't understand a word that Bruno says, but I think Len likes her. Their score is 18.

Y'all, I am not trying to be tacky when I say...however old or raggedy that Priscilla Presley thought she looked before she had plastic surgery, it couldn't be as bad as she looks now. Her face is just so artificial and weird looking to me, and she doesn't show much emotion at all. I wonder if she's even able to smile? Oh, there was a laugh! What a relief. I'm very interested to see how she dances.

Here we go. Their dance is okay, but you really can't see her legs most of the time, so who knows? The death spin, or whatever it's called, was good.

Hey Lisa Marie, in the audience! Now there's beautiful. Bruno thinks Priscilla has star quality. Their score? 24. Wow. They shut me up.

Let's move on.

I think Kristi Yamaguchi might have an advantage, at least when it comes to choreography and learning steps. We'll see. First of all, she's gorgeous and I love the color of her dress and the gloves. It's a beautiful dance, is all I know. They are in such unison. I Love It.

The judges agree with me and the score is 27!

Here comes Marlee Matlin, and I am so excited for her! No, she did not just grab his butt inn the taped piece! She's cracking me up already, and I really like Fabian Sanchez so far.

And I absolutely loved their performance! And the judges give them a 22.

Technically I'm liking Kristi and emotionally I like Marissa and Marlee. I guess no one's going home this week, so we'll see you again next week for the first elimination.

Who did you like tonight? Leave me a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

First of all, it stunk big time that DWTS and AI aired at the same time, and my DVR is old, so I can't watch a channel and record a different one. So I made CJ turn DWTS on in his room so I could watch! And I have to say, so far, I think the girls are outdancing the guys!
I thought Shannon did pretty good, but her legs just looked so doggone long, it threw me.
Monica was definitely awkward and I felt bad for her. But she danced better than I expected. But I thought she was gonna cry, and I felt bad again!
Marissa - adorable! I hope we get to see a good bit more of her.
I couldn't agree with you more about Priscilla and all the plastic surgery. ugh! But I actually thought she danced very well - MUCH better than I expected! (Can you tell I didn't have high expectations?)
I wasn't surprised Kristi did well. And Marlee - could she be any cuter? She did awesome! That simply amazes me!
OK, that may be the longest comment I've ever left!

Jennifer said...

Or maybe not. LOL

Banner