Banner

Monday, April 28, 2008

Dancing With The Stars - April 28

LIVE, This Is Dancing With The Stars!!

I swear, these announcers are over the top, y'all. I especially love how they label every contestant as they introduce them.

NFL Man of the Year Jason Taylor!
Actor Christian Del Fuente!
R & B Star Mario!
Film and Television Star Shannon Elizabeth!
Tony-Winning Broadway Star Marissa Jaret Winokur!
Olympic Champion Figure Skater Kristi Yamaguchi!

Wow, we're down to six tonight and I really like all of them, although some more than others.

Marissa and Tony Dovolani - Tango and Rumba
The Tango's first, and bless her little short stature! I liked it, but then I've been a fan of Marissa's from the beginning. That lean-ish thing they did was great, and she was as graceful as she could be. I think it's just hard to be sultry when you're 4 foot nothing.

Oh, Len said it was Her Best Dance! And Bruno liked it too.

SCORE: 27

Last they have their Rumba, and it's a little slow, isn't it? There were some really difficult moves too, though, and I think the judges liked it. Have I mentioned that I think Tony Dovolani is the sweetest man I've seen on this show?

SCORE: 25
TOTAL: 52

Cristian and Cheryl Burke - Viennese Waltz and Samba
The Viennese Waltz is first. I love the color of her dress. And the song is distracting, cause it was a late-night pick-up number at a little bar I used to hang out at.

Oh, but the dance. Yeah, it was Cristian; of course I loved it!

SCORE: 25. Wah.

Oh, I'm so excited to see Cristian's Samba. But wait...I think I'm a bit disappointed because he's not shaking his bom bom as much as I'd like. Oh My, now he's hurt himself. Wah.

Back from commercial break, and my boy has got ice on his arm, and he's oh, so embarrassed.

SCORE: 21. How sad.
TOTAL: 46

Kristi and Mark Ballas - Viennese Waltz and Cha Cha
Viennese Waltz is first. They look absolutely gorgeous. Yeah, this is a 30 for sure. It's just breathtakingly beautiful.

WOW, Carrie Ann and Len didn't love it.

SCORE: 26. Is this the first week she's not been on top?

And what about their Cha Cha Cha? Go on now, Mark, with your spinning self! I'm tellin' y'all, sometimes with this couple I'm so busy watching him that I forget to look at Kristi.

Holy Smokes, people, I think I enjoyed that more than any dance Kristi's done all season.

And p.s., could Len and Bruno argue any more tonight?

SCORE: 28
TOTAL: 54

Mario and Karina Smirnoff - Fox Trot and Mambo
And the Fox Trot is first. I thought it was great, my Pooh loved it.

SCORE: 24

Dancing the Mambo now. Again with the Ricky Ricardo business. I swear that Mario is part Cuban or Puerto Rican or whatever. He moves so fine he makes those weird white pants look good.

SCORE:27
TOTAL:51

Shannon and Derek Hough - Tango and Mambo

First up is the Tango. LOVE her dress. I think the dance is a little robotic, but so is the music - maybe that's the way they intended it to be. Left me feeling a little weird.

Bruno said it was like a silent movie, and I agree. Carrie Ann said it was their best dance yet, and Len liked it too.

SCORE: 27

And onto their Mambo. Y'all, she's still not moving her dadgum hips. And she's gonna be surprised when the judges tell her so. Or maybe they'll just leave it alone this week. Plus and also, I like to have my music with a Latin flair when we're supposed to be doing a Mambo.

Hmm...Len and Bruno thought she really moved her tushy. I didn't see it.

SCORE: 24
TOTAL: 51

Jason and Edyta Sleazinska - Quick Step and Pasa Doble
Quick Step is up first tonight, and I can't wait to see it! i still remember how great Emmitt Smith did it a couple seasons ago.

I enjoyed the dance; I'm amazed at how naturally Jason seems to dance. And I couldn't believe how covered Edyta was. Compared to her other wardrobe choices, I mean.

SCORE: 29!

How about a Pasa Doble now? Crack me up with the NFL theme song and costumes. Well, it was different, I'll give 'em that. I just don't know what else to say.

SCORE: 26
TOTAL: 55

Okay, so the show is finally over. I think my favorite dance was Kristi and Mark's Cha Cha Cha. And honestly, I think that anyone but Jason and Kristi could be in danger.

Did you watch the show tonight? Who do you think will go home tomorrow night?

2 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

Marisa- LOVED her! I think she's great. I thought her dances were good. She is the type I like to see- someone who improves. I don't want to see someone who is perfect from the start, that is not fair. Tony is such a sweet guy.

Cristian- Awww. His first dance was good. I don't love Cheryl's hair. When he was hurt, I thought he was bleeding.

Kristi- I don't think she should be on the show. I don't think it's fair. I loved the second dance. I LOVE Mark.

Mario- Maybe your fans don't like you because you are gross out there. What do you think?

Shannon- I think they are def dating, huh? The first dance was better. Hello, boobs.

Jason- Edyta does need to put some clothes on immediatly. I'd not like her to dance with my hubs. I'd not like my hubs to dance like that with anyone other than me, actually. That is another story. Jason is so dedicated and cute and sweet. I loved him last night.

Jennifer said...

I finally got to watch. My hubby told me there was some sort of drama/injury he had heard about, but wouldn't tell me what or who. So I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened. I noticed Christian's arm kind of go limp and realized it was him - I thought he had dislocated his shoulder or something. Definitely not as dramatic as I had anticipated though. I was watching Cheryl and was wondering if she was truly concerned about him, or about her chances at the title this year! I don't know, but she just seems different this year to me for some reason.

I think you nailed it on the performances.
I was getting really tired of the fact that what's-his-name-host saying over and over whatever it was about Kristi not being in first place. I think we got it the first time - enough already!

OK, off to read your result post, as I have no idea who went home!

Banner