Banner

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

American Idol Final 4 - May 6

THIS is American Idol.

Final Four, people. And can I tell you something? I don't like either of the Davids, and even though I like Jason, I don't think he should be the winner. That leaves Syesha, and she's been good but inconsistent.

I think for me, Carly was my pick to win it. OOPS.

Oh well, let's get on with it, shall we? It's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight. Is that the theme or are they just talking about it? I don't know.

David Cook
Hungry Like The Wolf
It's a little fast for me, but I like it. His voice is very well suited for this song, but do I think that because he sounds just like the original artist? I don't know.

Paula's not making sense tonight - shocker, huh?

Syesha Mercado
Proud Mary
Uh oh, this had better be good! Okay so far so good, although I think her dancing is a bit sleazy. I'd like someone do a different arrangement of this song though; everyone does it exactly the same. So I guess in that sense it was a bit boring.

Simon agreed to me, sort of, although he said it really mean.

Jason Castro
I Shot The Sheriff
You know what? Jason with his lackadaisical attitude is sort of getting on my nerves these day. He's been a favorite of mine all along, but I'm starting to think he's just so unprofessional, even to the point of disrespect.

What a cliche - "I have dreads, so I like reggae."

Yeah, I'm a little harsh tonight, huh?

I thought the performance was okay, but the judges pretty much hated it.

David Archuleta
Stand By Me
Y'all, Little David is giving me the creeps. His eyes are dim and he seems drugged. The voice is good, YES. He's like a young zombie with a great voice.

P.S. Here's an article I read about Jason's lovely Stage Father.

P.P.S. The judges loved him - what a shocker.

David Cook Again
Some song by The Who
I don't know; mostly I was bored. Then towards the end his voice was gorgeous. And that's all I have to say about that.

I really think Paula's hot for this guy, and her comments are getting more suggestive every time.
Syesha
I don't even know what she sang, but I loved it. And I loved how much the song affected her.

Way to go, Randy, rain on her parade.

Jason
Mr. Tambourine Man
I may be over Jason. Is there some arrogance coming through in this kid, or am I just cranky tonight? Oh...I just checked out VoteForTheWorst and they're promoting him now. Figures.

Little David
Love Me Tender
He thinks it will be a "fun song to sing, a cool song to sing." Look kid, you better not be messin' with Elvis.

He really does have a talent. I just think someone needs to send his dad to Uzbekistan so we can see if David has a personality to go with the voice.

I think parts of the song were inspired and other parts were boring.

So what have we got here?

I loved Syesha. That's about it. I think that without a doubt, Jason Castro should go home this week. But I'm askeered that Syesha might, if the crazy people get their way.

Now I'm off to watch Dancing With The Stars results. Later, y'all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing about David's dead eyes. I hadn't read that article about his dad. That is really sad.

I'm a Jason fan too, but agree with you that it may be his time to go. :(

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you. Jason has gone as far as he should go for American Idol and I think he knows it. Plus, it must be overwhelming...I'd feel wierd too if people were sending me all kinds of stuff, even if they are fans. He really is more of an Arlo Guthrie folkrocker guy, he reminds me of alot of what I listened to in the 70's.

Sad to read about David A's dad. That kid needs to cut loose and have a few years growing up. That'll liven his eyes up.

I liked Syesha tonight. It was a different take on Sam Cooke's song but good for her.

David Cook wasn't as good as in the past but I believe he deserves to win. He's got the sound and the maturity to deal with the year of commitment that comes with being crowned AI.

Now, who should've have been up there was Carly, Michael Johns, and David Cook, with David A. in 4th place. Just sayin...

Lorrie said...

I couldn't agree with you more- it's time for Jason Castro to take his cavalier a-- home. He just plain irked me last night.

I have to question your dislike of the Davids, though! I love 'em. Both of 'em. I predict David Castro will win this thang!

Lorrie said...

I'm typing faster than I'm thinking. David COOK will win. Sorry!

Kritter Krit said...

"I humbled to sit here and watch your soul."

One of the greatest Paula-isms of all time. And I agree. She has the hots for DC. As evidenced by her wolf/appetite comment that made me barf in my mouth a teeny bit.

I had heard it rumored that DA had a loose cannon of a dad. That's sad. Poor boy. He needs to break free and live a little after this thing is over.

Jason. Jason. Jason. All I know is Texas A&M has an enrollment of around 45,000 students every year. And "once an Aggie, always an Aggie", so that's a WHOPPING pool of loyal alumni out there voting too. I'm scared he has a fan base that's just ENORMOUS (based on the fact that he's still going strong, despite the nuttiness on stage.)

I think it's Syesha going tonight.

Jennifer said...

Once again, I pretty much agree with you. I know it wasn't David Cook's absolute best night, but I still love him and am pulling for him to win. And by pulling, I mean hoping really hard! (I think this is the first season I have not yet cast a vote!)

Syesha - I liked the beginning of her first one, but disliked it very much when it got to the up tempo part - just sounded like she was yelling. But I loved her second song.

David A - I'm just not crazy about this kid. Yeah, he can sing...but I'm just so bored with him. I REALLY hope he doesn't win. Haven't read the article yet, but from what I read in the comments, I guess it's not a good thing.

Jason, Jason, Jason....I totally think he's just ready to go home. His heart isn't in it at all anymore. And this is the third week in a row that he simply just hasn't brought it. I think it's time for him to go home. The only thing that would make me happier is if Little David went home.

Haven't watched the results yet...I'm kind of afraid to! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm..... What's the problem about not wanting to sing about alcohol and drunk women when you're 17 years old? David A is a boy that has values/morals and doesn't feel like singing certain songs that pertain to that kind of thing. Who cares? As for his father, give it up all ready. I've read the articles. I've watched his father here in Utah on a local cable television talk show. He is NOT what the media is playing him out to be. It's really sad how the media suggests something and the vulchers go with it, fly with it and the next thing you know, David Archuleta has Hitler for a father. It's not true. He knows his son has many talents - that is obvious. Why wouldn't he allow him to follow a dream that will give him a life, be passionate about all of his many talents, that is unconditional true love.
My wish for David is that he succeeds and follows every dream. He truly is blessed with a beautiful voice and he's proved himself this season on American Idol.

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

smh - You have a right to your opinion. You don't have a right to be hateful about it.

Neither I nor any of my commenters referred to David A's song choice, drunk women or alcohol. So your opening comment is confusing.

"Give it up already," is an antagonistic thing for you to say, and inappropriate given the casual and friendly atmosphere we have here.

I referred to an article in a reputable publication based on an eyewitness experience with Dad Archuleta. The fact that it differs from your eyewitness experience does not make it false. It just means the man acts different when he's on TV.

I (and my readers, I hope) respect your opinion. Please be respectful when commenting about ours.

Banner