Banner

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick Fix Meals

Y'all, I just found the greatest show on Food Network. I don't watch a lot of daytime TV, but when I do, it's either HGTV or Food Network. But honestly, most of my spare time is spent right here on this computer.

I keep telling Big Daddy and Grandaddy that if I had a laptop, then I could multi-task, but so far the laptop fairy has not made it to my house. But I digress.

I sat down this afternoon and turned on Food Network, and found Quick Fix Meals. This show rocks! I didn't catch the beginning, but it looks like the premise is cooking ahead. On this show, she cooked chicken breasts on Day 1, then used them in meals for Day 2 and Day 3. I think she may have even put together the Mexican Lasagna for Day 2 on Day 1.

People, this is my kind of cooking. Do as much ahead of time as I can, with two benefits. Benefit 1 is that I'm ahead of the game later in the week. Benefit 2 is that if part of my meals are prepared ahead of time, then I have to stick with my menu plan.

I already loved Paula Deen, Rachael Ray and some of the other shows on Food Network, but this chick (I should probably find out her name!) on Quick Fix Meals is my new favorite. I've already set up my DVR to record all the shows.

As my girls would say, "I'm so excitick!"

3 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I love her show, too. And she has a new book out (haven't bought it...yet). I like her ideas, which can totally be used to tweak some of your family favorites!!

WendyDarling said...

I love this show too! :-) She really has some great ideas. :-)

shoeaddict said...

Wouldn't it have been so great if you would've told me about this blog before? Since you know I'm a big 'ole tv freak. MMkay, thanks

Banner