Banner

Monday, June 23, 2008

Nashville Star - Pop Goes Country (June 23)

My mind is scattered tonight, so my comments probably will be, too. We'll get through it, though.

Item Number One: Like A Prayer? Spare me.

Soldier Boy is in the bottom two. Hey, I support the troops - let's get that out there straight up front. And I know he's got a military haircut. BUT. Don't y'all think he should put it in a little mohawk instead of those stringy bangs? Let me hear your thoughts on the matter.

Gabe's singing Livin' La Vida Loca tonight. Yeah, he tore it up. He's gotta win this thing, y'all.

Pearl Heart singing Love Shack? Oh, I don't know about this. Okay, so vocally I liked them better than in past weeks, but it's even better when I'm not watching the kid.

Alyson Gilbert - I Think We're Alone Now
Pitchy start. And you know what? I thought she sounded much better in the taped piece than she did in the live performance. She said she didn't want it to be boring, but IT WAS.

Ashley Hewitt is singing Britney Spears. It was just weird for me. Oh, hold on...about half-way through it got more interesting.

Coffey's up next, and he's singing Umbrella by Rihanna. And I didn't like it. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Laura and Sophie singing Michael Jackson? Oh my, no. Let's see what happens, shall we? It was much better than I expected! As far as I can tell they didn't pick the song, so I think they did the best they could with the song and arrangement.

Shawn Mayer is up next with Bye Bye Bye. Risky, yes, but let me tell you this. SHE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. In other words, people, I LIKED IT.

Yay, Melissa Lawson is NOT in the Bottom Two! And she's singing True Colors. Y'all know I love my Arlington girl, but I did not like the beginning of this song. She pulled it out, though, and (cornball alert) her true colors shone through in the end.

Justin Gaston - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Hey, it didn't suck. It's amazing how much difference the arrangement can make in a song.

Finally we have Tommy Stanley singing Maniac. And yeah, it's not country AT ALL. So hopefully he's out of here tonight.

BUT he's not. Wah. Justin's gone this week.

My least favorites were Alyson, Tommy and Coffey, and I really loved Shawn and Gabe.

What do you think about tonight's elimination and who do you think should go home next week?

No comments:

Banner