Banner

Monday, June 16, 2008

Nashville Star - June 16

Laura and Sophie are up first tonight, and as much as I like these girls, tonight's performance is not EVEN as good as last week. I think whichever one of them was singing the alto part got shortchanged. Their tie-dye shirts are cute, though. John Rich likes 'em, Jewel's not as enthusiastic, and Shaggy Blonde Judge was the most harsh. Jeffrey Steele, that's his name.

Ashlee Hewitt - Ring of Fire
It was a'ight. I like Ashlee and I hope she sticks around, but I wasn't all that impressed. The judges loved her thought, so YAY.

Justin Gaston
Well. Hmmm. He's cute.

Y'all, I just don't think the talent here is anywhere as good as on American Idol. Are these seriously the best people who auditioned for this show? A lot of the performances seem very High School Talent Show to me.

Alyson Gilbert
Now THIS is a good voice, and she made the song hers.

Hey, I like Billy Ray Cyrus, but he's not a great host. I'm just sayin'.

Pearl Heart
Poor little Lead Singer Girl just seems so awkward. Their performance is okay, but hopefully she'll get more comfortable as time goes on.

Tommy Stanley - Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
Yeah, I agree with Jewel - he's pretty ballsy to sing this song in front of John Rich. BUT, he worked it out, and it was GREAT!

Gabe Garcia
Holy Smokes, people, Gabe's the one to beat. Well, maybe him and Melisa Lawson. WOW.

Shawn Mayer - He Stopped Loving Her Today
She's out here to show John Rich she's not a bar singer. Did she do it? I don't know; I think she depends too much on her runs and affectations. She's got a VERY good voice, but I don't think she's learned what to do with it yet.

Coffey - Waiting on the World to Change
His voice is much more suited to this song than whatever it was that he sang last week. Judges didn't feel it though.

And p.s., why did they suddenly start pronouncing his name "COFF-AY?"

Melissa Lawson is in the bottom 2, and I'm sad about this. Talent-wise, I think she's in the Top 2. But do you think people didn't vote for her cause she's a Big Girl? Her performance tonight was - That's Right -Top 2.

Please oh please oh please oh please.

Third Town is up last, and they're singing Mountain Music. Crazy Hair Boy sort of sounds like a Chipmunk, doesn't he? They're good, though, I have to admit.

But I still want 'em to go home, cause that means that Melissa gets to stay.

Right? I hope I understand the elimination process. We'll see in a minute.

The finalist receiving the least amount of America's votes is...Third Town.

Oh, thank goodness. Whew! Well I'd better get over to NBC.com and do some voting, huh?

Hey, who did you like tonight? Be sure and leave a comment to let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Banner